Tuesday 29 September 2009

A Beautiful Mess...

You've got the best of both worlds.
You're the kind of girl who can take down a man,
and lift him back up again.
You are strong but you're needy,
humble but you're greedy.
And based on your body language,
and shoddy cursive I've been reading.
Your style is quite selective,
though your mind is rather reckless.
Well, I guess it just suggests that this is just what happiness is...

And what a beautiful mess this is...
It's like we're picking up trash in dresses.
Well it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write,
kind of turn themselves into knives
And don't mind my nerve you could call it fiction.
But I like being submerged in your contradictions, dear.
'Cause here we are, here we are...

Although you were biased,
I love your advice.
Your comebacks they're quick,
and probably have to do with your insecurities.
There's no shame in being crazy,
depending on how you take these words I'm paraphrasing;
this relationship we're staging.

And what a beautiful mess this is.
It's like picking up trash in dresses.
Well, it kind of hurts when the kind of words you say,
kind of turn themselves into blades.
And kind and courteous is a life I've heard.
But it's nice to say that we played in the dirt, oh dear.
Cause here we are, here we are...

We're still here,
What a beautiful mess this is...
It's like taking a guess when the only answer is yes.

And through timeless words, and priceless pictures;
We'll fly like birds not of this earth.
And times they turn, and hearts disfigure.
But that's no concern when we're wounded together.
And we tore our dresses, and stained our shirts;
But it's nice today, oh the wait was so worth it.





Song Title Beautiful Mess
Singer Jason Mraz
Songwriters Mai Sunshine Bloomfield, Rebecca Emily Gebhardt, Jason Thomas Mraz, Chaska Lela Potter, Mona Tavakoli
Album We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.

4 comments:

Sara said...

1. this is one of my favourite songs
2. I love Jason Mraz
3. You are amazing!

Olivia Liem said...

Fe, u know what, few days ago I was thinking of posting this song too, as a matter of fact it's still in my draft list, really. And this is my favourite FAVOURITE song :)

And somehow last night I also post something about "thank you for..." , although it's different context, but still..

And, this is so sweet, I always adore what this song says..

Sab said...

I love that song <3.

& not to mention your blog. =]

Fé... said...

Viva Jason Mraz?!?! He never fails to allure and captivate us with his songs. They're wonderful!

Ha3, Live. What a cute conincidence. That's what we call "a beautiful mess"! But, it's not that strange, we're sister bloggers :D Post your version, I'm so eager to read it!

Yup Sanchez, isn't it wonderful. You're left speechless by the song. Thanks as well for the sweet compliment, yea? Your blog is great as well...