Friday 18 February 2011

Contentment.

Learning to be content requires that you stop any “when and then” thinking –
“When I am ___________, then I’ll be happy.”
“When I have ___________, then I’ll be happy.”
(You fill in the blanks)

The reason we fall into this trap is that we may actually be content for a little while but it won’t last. But, more than likely, someone else or something else will come along and drain the contentment from our lives.

Happiness isn’t getting what you want. Happiness is being happy with what you have. Look at all the things that have been given to you.

Unfortunately, we often focus on what we don’t have and forget the many wonderful things we do have, not only material blessings, but far more important things, such as family and friends.

A key to contentment is recognizing that you have the choice to be happy right now with the many things that have been given to you. What are you waiting on to make you happy?

2 comments:

Gawgus things... said...

I've just started reading a book called The Happiness Project - it's really good!

Emma xx

Fé... said...

I've caught a glimpse of that book many times in the bookstore, I really should check it out now that you've recommended it. Thanks for sharing :)