Monday 4 April 2011

Riverside

Song Title Riverside
Singer Agnes Obel
Songwriter Agnes Obel
Album Philharmonics







Down by the river by the boats where everybody goes to be alone.
Where you won't see any rising sun, down to the river we will run.

When by the water we drink to the dregs, look at the stones on the riverbed.
I can tell from your eyes you've never been by the riverside

Down by the water the riverbed somebody calls you somebody says,
"Swim with the current and float away down by the river every day."

Oh my God I see how everything is torn in the river deep
And I don't know why I go the way down by the riverside

When that old river runs past your eyes to wash off the dirt on the riverside.
Go to the water so very near, the river will be your eyes and ears.

I walk to the borders on my own, fall in the water just like a stone.
Chilled to the marrow in them bones, why do I go here all alone.

No comments: